Over the Halloween season it’s not uncommon to consume excess calories. This wicked core workout will scare off those calorific demons – all you need is motivation and a pumpkin.
‘MoreFit Halloween Circuit Training’
- 5 exercises done back-to-back
- For complete beginners make sure you take 15-30 seconds rest between exercises
- 60 seconds rest in between sets for advanced
- 90 sec for intermediate
- 120 sec rest for beginners
Sets – Control your movement in every exercise and repeat the circuit according to your level
- Beginners: repeat 2 times
- Intermediate: repeat 3 times
- Advanced repeat: repeat 4 times
- Beginners: 1 X pumpkin
- Feeling brave: 1x large pumpkin
1. Scary Sumo Squat with Pumpkin Over Head Reach
- How many: 15 reps
- Instructions: Keep your back straight, legs wide, toes turned out. Keep your chest up without rolling your back on the way down. Use the pumpkin for resistance to push yourself!
- Main muscles: Legs & Arms
2. Pumpkin Plank with Hand Switch
- How many: 6 each hand
- Instructions: Keep your body flat and your core tight making sure your stomach doesn’t sag down or your back arch up. Use knees if necessary.
- Main muscles: Core, Triceps, Chest & Shoulders
3. Haunted Alternating Lunge with Pumpkin Hold
- How many: 12 lunges in total
- Instructions: Keep upper body straight, shoulders back and engage your core. Step forward, lower hips to a 90 degree angle.
- Main muscles: Legs, Core & Arms
4. Spooky Sit Up with Elevated Pumpkin
- How many: 15 reps
- Instructions: Place feet flat on the ground with back on the floor holding the pumpkin straight in the air. Tighten core and pull up from the floor maintaining the arm elevation.
- Main muscles: Core & Arms
5. Frightful Push Up on Pumpkin
- How many: 4-8 reps
- Instructions: Hands firmly on the pumpkin. Make sure you get you elbows in and chest right down. Use knees if necessary. This is a very difficult exercise – leave out if it’s too hard!
- Main muscles: Triceps, Chest & Core
++ HAPPY HALLOWEEN ++
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://www.morefit.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Shamir-Sidhu-MoreFit-Owner-Personal-Trainer.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]Shamir Sidhu is the CEO/Founder of MoreFit and Personal Trainer. For fitness and nutrition advice, email firstname.lastname@example.org[/author_info] [/author]